时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Calvin, let’s go! | 卡尔文 我们走 |
[00:07] | What’s the rush? | 急什么 |
[00:08] | Whenever we get there, it’s still gonna be Medieval Times. | 我们什么时候到 都是中世纪时间 |
[00:09] | Whenever we get there, it’s still gonna be Medieval Times. | 我们什么时候到 都是中世纪时间 |
[00:13] | Man, it’s gonna be awesome, Dad. | 今晚肯定超级棒 爸 |
[00:15] | Tonight, we’ll be transported back to a time of lords and ladies, | 今晚 我们将重返贵族和淑女的时代 |
[00:17] | Tonight, we’ll be transported back to a time of lords and ladies, | 今晚 我们将重返贵族和淑女的时代 |
[00:18] | of chivalrous knights upon their trusty steeds. | 骑士们骑着值得托付的战马 |
[00:21] | It shall be a ye olde good time. | 老么美好的时光了 |
[00:24] | Are you sure the hospital gave us the right child? | 你在医院没抱错孩子吧 |
[00:29] | I think it’s nice that Dave wants to thank us | 我觉得挺好的 |
[00:31] | for helping him with his campaign. | 戴夫想感谢你帮他竞选 |
[00:32] | But if there’s no booze, ye ass is bouncing. | 但如果没有酒 奴家就走人 |
[00:36] | Oh, good, Malcolm’s here. | 太好了 马尔科姆来了 |
[00:38] | Hey, Malcolm, would you tell these two | 马尔科姆 你能告诉他俩 |
[00:40] | that you supposed to bet on the horse, not eat with it? | 马是用来赌的 而不是一起吃饭的吗 |
[00:45] | Malcolm, are you okay? | 马尔科姆 你没事吧 |
[00:47] | Yeah, I’m fine, Ma, but Trey’s not. | 我没事 妈 但特雷有事 |
[00:49] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[00:50] | We were playing ball down at the park | 我们在公园打球 |
[00:52] | when these cops showed up and just started harassing us. | 警察突然出现 然后挑衅我们 |
[00:55] | And Trey told them we weren’t doing anything wrong, | 特雷跟他们说我们没做错事 |
[00:58] | and they, they just threw him on the ground | 但他们就把特雷按在地上 |
[00:59] | – and started beating him up. – What? | -开始打他 -什么 |
[01:01] | And I tried to say something, but… | 我想说点什么 但是 |
[01:03] | well, one of the cops, he just looked at me | 有个警察在看着我 |
[01:05] | and put his hand on his gun. | 把手放在枪上 |
[01:09] | I had to stand there and watch Trey | 我只能站在那里看着特雷 |
[01:10] | get dragged away in handcuffs. | 戴着手铐被拖走 |
[01:12] | Damn. | 靠 |
[01:17] | Who’s ready to party like it’s 1399? | 准备回到1399年狂欢了吗 |
[01:24] | You’d be a fool not to. | 不去就是大傻子 |
[01:33] | You were right. The hat was way too much! | 你说得对 帽子太夸张了 |
[01:46] | You know, Oh man..the only other time I’ve ever had to | 兄弟 我唯一一次去警察局 |
[01:49] | go to the police station was to register my bicycle. | 是给我自行车登记 |
[01:50] | go to the police station was to register my bicycle. | 是给我自行车登记 |
[01:52] | I’m sure that’s why they beat the hell out of Trey. | 那警察把特雷揍个半死 |
[01:55] | Expired tags on his Schwinn. | 肯定是因为他自行车牌照过期了 |
[01:59] | I hope he’s okay. How much do you think | 希望他没事 你觉得保释他 |
[02:01] | – it’s gonna cost to bail him out? – I don’t know. | -要花多少钱 -不知道 |
[02:03] | Just depends on what they charged him with. | 这取决于警方以什么罪名起诉他 |
[02:05] | Well, did Malcolm say what he did to get arrested? | 马尔科姆说他是为什么被捕了吗 |
[02:08] | Oh, I’ll tell you what he did. | 我来告诉你为什么 |
[02:10] | He was being Black in America. | 他是美国的黑人 |
[02:12] | Come on, Calvin. we are talking about Trey. | 拜托 卡尔文 这可是特雷 |
[02:15] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[02:17] | I’m just saying, he’s not exactly a Boy Scout. | 毕竟他也不像童子军那么守规矩嘛 |
[02:19] | Which I can say with confidence, because I was a Boy Scout. | 我可以很自信地说 因为我当过童子军 |
[02:24] | Dave, don’t start with that, all right? | 戴夫 别这样 好吗 |
[02:26] | Just because Trey had some run-ins with the law | 不能因为特雷犯过几次法 |
[02:28] | don’t mean he did something today. | 就代表他今天也犯法了 |
[02:30] | And even if he had, | 就算他犯法了 |
[02:32] | it doesn’t give them the right to whup his ass. | 他们也没有权利打他 |
[02:34] | I’m sorry, you’re right. Look, we’ll just explain what happened | 抱歉 你说得对 我们只要解释一下 |
[02:36] | and I’m sure they’ll let him right out. | 我相信他们会立刻放了他的 |
[02:39] | Okay. And then we’ll just get on our magical unicorns | 嗯 然后我们就骑上魔法独角兽 |
[02:42] | and ride a rainbow home. | 乘着彩虹回家 |
[02:46] | Hi, there. Uh, Dave Johnson, | 你好 戴夫·强森 |
[02:48] | candidate for city council, | 市议员候选人 |
[02:50] | – and big fan of all the CSIs. – Okay. | -也是《犯罪现场调查》系列的忠粉 -够了 |
[02:56] | Hi. We’re here to bail out Trey Williams. | 我们是来保释特雷·威廉姆斯的 |
[02:59] | You mean “Leslie Williams”? | 你是说”莱斯利·威廉姆斯”吗 |
[03:02] | Okay. Y’all already arrested him. | 好吧 你们已经逮捕他了 |
[03:05] | Now you got to let everybody know he got a girl’s name? | 现在还要让所有人知道他有个女孩名字吗 |
[03:08] | Uh, yeah, you see, there’s been some sort of mistake. | 嗯 肯定是搞错了 |
[03:10] | Uh, yeah, you see, there’s been some sort of mistake. | 嗯 肯定是搞错了 |
[03:11] | – He’s innocent. – Oh, he’s innocent? | -他是无辜的 -他是无辜的啊 |
[03:12] | – He’s innocent. – Oh, he’s innocent? | -他是无辜的 -他是无辜的啊 |
[03:15] | I’m so sorry, that happens sometimes. | 很抱歉 这种事难免的 |
[03:17] | Let me take care of that right now. | 我现在就处理 |
[03:19] | Hi. Get me the mayor. | 给我接市长 |
[03:26] | I don’t think he really called the mayor. | 我觉得他没给市长打电话 |
[03:30] | He didn’t press any buttons. | 他什么键都没按 |
[03:33] | Sir, could you just tell us what the bail is | 先生 你能告诉我们保释金是多少吗 |
[03:35] | so we can post it and get out of here? | 我们好交钱走人 |
[03:39] | It won’t be set until he’s been processed and seen a judge. | 得等他接受审讯以后 才能知道金额 |
[03:41] | Okay, so when is that gonna happen? | 那得什么时候 |
[03:43] | Hey, if the mayor didn’t know, how should I? | 市长都不知道 我怎么知道 |
[03:48] | Oh, well, that’s it. I’m filing a complaint. | 够了 我要投诉 |
[03:52] | Where’s the suggestion box? | 意见箱呢 |
[03:54] | Dave, this is a police station, not an Applebee’s. | 戴夫 这是警察局 不是苹果蜂餐厅 |
[03:58] | Look, let’s go. They’re not letting Trey out tonight. | 走吧 他们今晚不会放特雷出来的 |
[03:59] | Look, let’s go. They’re not letting Trey out tonight. | 走吧 他们今晚不会放特雷出来的 |
[04:01] | But you can be damn sure I’m coming back here tomorrow. | 但我明天肯定还会再来的 |
[04:04] | We’re-we’re just gonna let him spend the night in jail? | 我们就让他在监狱里过夜吗 |
[04:07] | Well, it could be worse. | 可能更倒霉 |
[04:08] | He could be at Medieval Times. | 可能还是中世纪的监狱 |
[04:15] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[04:17] | Obviously this kind of stuff happens, | 显然这种事时有发生 |
[04:20] | but it’s never happened to anyone that I know. | 但我认识的人都没遇到过 |
[04:22] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[04:24] | I always thought of the police as being helpful. | 我一直觉得警察是乐于助人的 |
[04:26] | Right? Remember that time we broke down on the highway | 对啊 还记得那次我们在高速上抛锚 |
[04:29] | and they gave us a ride to the gas station? | 他们载我们去了加油站吗 |
[04:31] | Yes, they even let you sit in the front seat and play with the siren. | 没错 他们甚至让你坐在前座玩警笛 |
[04:33] | Yes, they even let you sit in the front seat and play with the siren. | 没错 他们甚至让你坐在前座玩警笛 |
[04:36] | I’m still pissed I didn’t get my turn. | 我还是很生气 他们都没让我玩 |
[04:40] | Hey, what are you guys doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[04:42] | Nothing. We’re just, uh, talking. | 没什么 我们只是在聊天 |
[04:46] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[04:47] | Just boring grown-up stuff. | 成年人的无聊事 |
[04:50] | Oh, I thought maybe it was about | 我还以为你们在说 |
[04:52] | how Trey got beat up by the po-po. | 特雷被警察叔叔打的事呢 |
[04:55] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[04:57] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[04:58] | I follow Marty on Instagram. | 我在图享上关注了马蒂 |
[05:00] | The Gram is where I get all my news. | 我的消息都是从那知道的 |
[05:06] | Really? You let him get Instagram? | 没搞错吧 你让他用图享 |
[05:08] | he swore that he’d only follow me and the Rock. | 他发誓只关注我和巨石强森的 |
[05:11] | he swore that he’d only follow me and the Rock. | 他发誓只关注我和巨石强森的 |
[05:20] | I love you, baby. | 我爱你 宝贝 |
[05:22] | I love you too, Ma, but that is the hundredth time | 我也爱你 妈 但是今天 |
[05:24] | you’ve kissed me on my head today. | 你已经亲吻我的头无数次了 |
[05:27] | You keep it up, I’m-a get a bald spot. | 你再这样 我就斑秃了 |
[05:30] | Well, I can’t help it. | 我忍不住嘛 |
[05:31] | You know that could’ve been you yesterday. | 你知道 昨天说不定是你被打呢 |
[05:34] | Ah, I know, Ma. But I’m okay. | 我知道 妈 但我没事 |
[05:37] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[05:41] | Okay, just one more. | 好吧 再亲一个 |
[05:43] | – One more. – Get off me, man. | -再亲一个 – 放开我 |
[05:45] | What? Don’t worry, you can borrow one of my wigs. | 干吗 别担心 你可以借我的假发 |
[05:49] | Are you kidding me? Oh, that’s ridiculous. | 闹呢 太扯淡了 |
[05:52] | Yeah, no. I’ll be down there first thing Monday morning, all right? | 好的 我周一早上就过去 好吗 |
[05:54] | Yeah, no. I’ll be down there first thing Monday morning, all right? | 好的 我周一早上就过去 好吗 |
[05:56] | No, don’t worry about it, man. You’re like family. | 不 别担心 你是我的家人 |
[05:58] | Baby, who was that? | 宝贝 谁啊 |
[06:00] | Trey. | 特雷 |
[06:01] | They trumped up a bunch more charges on him, | 警察捏造了一堆特雷的指控 |
[06:03] | now they’re holding him through the weekend. | 现在他周末出不来了 |
[06:06] | Damn it, they do this every time. | 靠 警察每次都这样 |
[06:08] | Well, you know what? I’m not just gonna sit here and do nothing. | 知道吗 我不会坐以待毙的 |
[06:10] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[06:12] | I’m-a organize a protest. | 我要组织抗议游行 |
[06:13] | Get a bunch of people together | 召集一帮人 |
[06:15] | and march on that police station today. | 今天就去警局游行 |
[06:17] | Well, all right, son, I like that. | 好啊 儿子 我喜欢 |
[06:20] | Not backing down from a fight. | 没有临阵脱逃 |
[06:22] | I am so proud of me for raising you right. | 不愧是我养大的 |
[06:27] | So, you raised him? | 什么 你养大的 |
[06:30] | – Oh, I’m sorry. You’re right. – Thank you. | -抱歉 你提醒得对 -谢谢 |
[06:32] | The first nine months were all you. | 头九个月是你的功劳 |
[06:37] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[06:38] | – Hey, sweetie. – Where’s Dad? | -亲爱的 -我爸呢 |
[06:40] | I wanted to tell him the Rock | 我想告诉他 |
[06:42] | finally followed him back on Instagram. | 巨石强森终于在图享上回粉他了 |
[06:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:46] | No, it’s me under another name. | 没有啦 是我的小号 |
[06:50] | Well, he’s not here. | 他不在家 |
[06:52] | He went with the Butlers to the protest. | 他和巴特勒一家去抗议游行了 |
[06:54] | Why are they protesting? | 他们为什么要抗议 |
[06:55] | Because Malcolm organized one after, | 因为马尔科姆组织的 |
[06:58] | you know… | 那啥 |
[07:00] | how Trey got beat up by the po-po. | 特雷被警察叔叔打的事呢 |
[07:11] | I know there’s a lot going on right now. | 我知道信息量有点大 |
[07:13] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[07:14] | I don’t understand why the police beat up Trey. | 为什么警察要打特雷 |
[07:17] | Did he do something wrong? | 他做错什么了吗 |
[07:19] | No. | 没有 |
[07:21] | The police are the ones who did something wrong. | 这次是警察错了 |
[07:24] | But they’re supposed to be the good guys. | 但他们应该是好人啊 |
[07:28] | Yeah, but there are some bad ones, too. | 是啊 但是中间也有老鼠屎 |
[07:32] | So, if there’s ever an emergency, | 那如果有紧急情况 |
[07:36] | should I still call them? | 我还要给他们打电话吗 |
[07:38] | Oh, yeah. Of course, sweetie. | 当然了 亲爱的 |
[07:41] | They would never hurt you. | 他们永远也不会伤害你的 |
[07:42] | Right. Because I’m a kid. | 嗯 因为我是孩子 |
[07:46] | Actually, it’s because you’re white. | 其实是因为你是白人 |
[07:50] | You see, the police in this country have a history | 这个国家的警察历来 |
[07:52] | of treating us better than they treat Black people. | 对我们比黑人好 |
[07:56] | But that doesn’t make any sense. | 但这说不通啊 |
[07:58] | Why would they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
[08:00] | That’s a good question. | 好问题 |
[08:03] | But the answer is kind of complicated. | 但答案有点复杂 |
[08:05] | That’s what you said when I asked where babies come from. | 我问孩子是从哪来的时 你也是这么说的 |
[08:10] | And I did not like that answer. | 我不喜欢那个答案 |
[08:16] | You guys all right? | 你们没事吧 |
[08:18] | I’m fine, but come help me with Tina. | 我没事 帮我扶下缇娜吧 |
[08:23] | Oh, my God. Tina. | 我的天 缇娜 |
[08:25] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[08:27] | I-I think I sprained my ankle. | 估计是扭伤了脚踝 |
[08:28] | Yeah, the cops broke up the protest. Everyone had to run. | 警察驱散了抗议 大家都跑了 |
[08:30] | Yeah, the cops broke up the protest. Everyone had to run. | 警察驱散了抗议 大家都跑了 |
[08:32] | W-Why’d they break it up? | 他们为什么这么做 |
[08:33] | For no damn reason at all. | 没有理由 |
[08:35] | Everything was peaceful, | 一切都很平静 |
[08:36] | and then the cops showed up in riot gear. | 然后警察持防暴装备出现了 |
[08:38] | Yeah, they started pushing us off with their shields | 嗯 他们用护盾把我们撞散 |
[08:40] | and then firing off tear gas and all hell broke loose. | 然后放催泪瓦斯 场面一片混乱 |
[08:44] | That’s crazy. | 太扯了 |
[08:45] | I know. | 可不 |
[08:46] | I almost got trampled twice. | 我有两回差点被人踩了 |
[08:48] | You know, that’s weird, ’cause I almost stepped on somebody twice. | 怪了 我有两次差点踩到别人 |
[08:49] | You know, that’s weird, ’cause I almost stepped on somebody twice. | 怪了 我有两次差点踩到别人 |
[08:55] | Oh, Marty, thank God you’re all right. | 马蒂 还好你没事 |
[08:57] | I’m fine, but i-it’s chaos out there. | 我没事 但是那里一片混乱 |
[09:00] | cars are getting overturned and set on fire. | 汽车被掀翻点着了 |
[09:02] | cars are getting overturned and set on fire. | 汽车被掀翻点着了 |
[09:03] | I-I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从来没见过这种场面 |
[09:05] | Marty, you’re bleeding! | 马蒂 你流血了 |
[09:06] | Oh, no– oh, no, that’s just salsa. | 不 不 这只是辣酱 |
[09:11] | What? I got hungry during the protest and hit up a taco truck. | 干吗 我当时饿了 就去墨西哥卷餐车买吃的了 |
[09:14] | Well, where’s Malcolm? | 马尔科姆呢 |
[09:16] | Well, I thought he was with you. | 我以为他和你们在一起呢 |
[09:17] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[09:19] | Oh, my God. Tina. | 我的天 缇娜 |
[09:20] | Calvin, our baby is still out there. | 卡尔文 我们的孩子还在那边 |
[09:32] | Don’t worry, Tina, Malcolm’s gonna be okay. | 别担心 缇娜 马尔科姆没事的 |
[09:35] | Yeah, I’m sure he’s gonna be fine. | 我相信他会没事的 |
[09:37] | Is he answering, Calvin? | 他接了吗 卡尔文 |
[09:38] | No, it just keeps going to voice mail. | 没有 一直转到语音信箱 |
[09:41] | I-I’m going back out there. | 我回去看看 |
[09:43] | – I’m going with you. – No, no, no. You stay here with your mother. | -我跟你一起去 -不行 你和你妈待在这 |
[09:46] | I don’t need anybody else I love out there. | 不能让我爱的人跟我一起去 |
[09:49] | Come on, Dave. | 走吧 戴夫 |
[10:04] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 居然会发生这种事 |
[10:07] | Well, what’d you expect? | 你以为呢 |
[10:09] | You arm the police like they’re going to war, | 武装警察就像要去打仗一样 |
[10:11] | that’s exactly what they’re gonna do. | 发生这种事也是意料之中的 |
[10:14] | I mean, those guys were itching for a fight. | 那帮警察就是想干仗 |
[10:16] | Look, Calvin, I know you’re upset, but… | 卡尔文 我知道你很难过 但是 |
[10:17] | it’s not like all cops are bad. | 并非所有的警察都是坏人 |
[10:20] | Tell that to the people being choked out and killed in the streets. | 你去跟那些在街上被掐死的人说去吧 |
[10:21] | Tell that to the people being choked out and killed in the streets. | 你去跟那些在街上被掐死的人说去吧 |
[10:26] | Dave, o-of course there’s some good cops. | 戴夫 当然有好警察 |
[10:29] | But they’re a part of a system | 但他们也是体制一部分 |
[10:32] | that was created when we weren’t even considered people. | 这个体制建立时 根本没拿我们当人 |
[10:34] | We were considered property. | 我们被视为附属品 |
[10:37] | And yeah, yeah, I know people love to say | 没错 我知道大家会说 |
[10:39] | that slaves were freed a long time ago, | 奴隶很久以前就被解放了 |
[10:42] | but it’s that same system that’s got us undereducated, | 但正是这种体制让我们得不到教育 |
[10:46] | over-incarcerated, and out of the voting booth. | 过度监禁 无法投票 |
[10:49] | Maybe you’re right, maybe the system is broken. | 也许你是对的 也许体制出问题了 |
[10:51] | Oh, no. No. The system is working exactly how it was designed. | 不 不 体制完全在按照设计运行 |
[10:53] | Oh, no. No. The system is working exactly how it was designed. | 不 不 体制完全在按照设计运行 |
[11:03] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[11:05] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[11:08] | I finally found a way to shut you up. | 我终于找到让你闭嘴的方法了 |
[11:14] | Hey, little man, what are you up to? | 小家伙 你在干什么 |
[11:16] | Writing “Welcome home, Malcolm” on the sidewalk. | 在人行道上写”欢迎回家 马尔科姆” |
[11:19] | Nice. Mind if I join you | 不错嘛 我可以加入吗 |
[11:21] | and correct some of your spelling? | 稍微纠正一下你的拼写 |
[11:24] | I think Mac-a-lom would appreciate it. | 我觉得马科龙肯定会很开心的 |
[11:29] | Who are these guys? | 这些人是谁 |
[11:31] | Oh, that’s you, me and Malcolm. | 你 我和马尔科姆 |
[11:34] | I like how you gave me all those muscles. | 你给我画了这么多肌肉呀 真不错 |
[11:36] | Actually, I was originally drawing the Rock, | 其实我本来在画巨石强森 |
[11:39] | but then I thought what would he be doing here? | 但我转念一想 他来这里干什么 |
[11:50] | My mom told me about how some police treat Black people | 我妈妈跟我说 有些警察对待黑人 |
[11:54] | different than white people. | 和白人不一样 |
[11:56] | Yeah, man, it’s pretty messed up, huh? | 是啊 挺无语的 对吧 |
[11:59] | It’s so unfair. | 太不公平了 |
[12:01] | You’re right, it is. | 你说得对 |
[12:04] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[12:06] | Someday I think that’s gonna change. | 总有一天会改变的 |
[12:07] | You think so? | 是吗 |
[12:09] | Definitely. | 必须的 |
[12:10] | Look, man, you drew the three of us holding hands. | 你画的是我们三个手牵手啊 |
[12:14] | Yeah, but that was when it was the Rock. But go on. | 嗯 但我之前画的是巨石强森 你继续 |
[12:21] | What I’m saying is we’re friends. | 我想说的是 我们是朋友 |
[12:24] | And it doesn’t matter to you that we have different color skin. | 你一点也不在乎我们的肤色不同 |
[12:25] | And it doesn’t matter to you that we have different color skin. | 你一点也不在乎我们的肤色不同 |
[12:26] | None of my friends care about that stuff. | 我的朋友都不在乎 |
[12:29] | We just care about Fortnite and being taller than the girls. | 我们只关心《堡垒之夜》还有比女生个子高 |
[12:34] | Right. | 嗯 |
[12:36] | You and all your friends and other kids like you are gonna grow up. | 你和你的朋友 还有其他像你这样的孩子都会长大 |
[12:39] | You and all your friends and other kids like you are gonna grow up. | 你和你的朋友 还有其他像你这样的孩子都会长大 |
[12:40] | And when you do, you’re gonna make things better. | 你们长大以后 一切就会好起来了 |
[12:44] | For sure. | 当然了 |
[12:46] | My man. | 好兄弟 |
[12:49] | Hey, but trust me, don’t hate on the tall girls. | 但是相信我 不要讨厌高个女生 |
[12:52] | The world needs supermodels. | 世界需要超模 |
[12:58] | Tina, what are you doing? | 缇娜 你在干什么 |
[13:00] | You should be resting your ankle. | 你应该休息脚踝啊 |
[13:02] | Well, I got worried that Malcolm would be hungry | 我担心马尔科姆回来会饿 |
[13:05] | when he comes home, so I’m making his favorite meal. | 所以我在给他做 他最爱吃的菜 |
[13:07] | Aw, what’s his favorite meal? | 他最喜欢吃什么 |
[13:09] | I’m too upset to remember, so I’m making everything. | 我现在很烦 记不清了 所以我把菜都做了 |
[13:13] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[13:14] | Who doesn’t love… | 谁会不喜欢 |
[13:16] | hot dogs with their Cream of Wheat? | 热狗配奶油麦片 |
[13:18] | How can I help? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[13:20] | Oh, uh, you could start chopping those vegetables. | 你可以切蔬菜 |
[13:28] | Tina, I know you’re scared, | 缇娜 我知道你很害怕 |
[13:30] | Don’t worry, Tina, Malcolm’s gonna be okay. | 别担心 缇娜 马尔科姆没事的 |
[13:32] | Look, Gemma, I know you are trying to help, | 杰玛 我知道你想帮我 |
[13:36] | and I know you’re saying what you’re supposed to say, | 我也知道你在安慰我 |
[13:37] | but there’s nothing that’s gonna make me feel better | 但是在他回家之前 |
[13:40] | until he walks through that door. | 说什么都不顶用 |
[13:43] | – Oh, I’m sorry. You’re right. – Thank you. | -抱歉 你提醒得对 -谢谢 |
[13:46] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 抱歉 |
[13:49] | Oh, come on, Gemma, don’t do that. | 拜托 杰玛 别这样 |
[13:51] | If you start crying, I’m gonna, too. | 你哭我也会哭的 |
[13:54] | No, no, it’s not that. It’s these onions. | 我没想哭 是这些洋葱 |
[13:57] | Gemma, you’re chopping potatoes. | 杰玛 你在切土豆 |
[14:00] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 天啊 你说得对 |
[14:02] | I am crying. | 我在哭 |
[14:06] | I’m just so tired of it all. | 我受够了 |
[14:08] | I can’t imagine. | 我确实想象不到 |
[14:11] | You know, every time one of my sons steps out of the house, | 每次我儿子出门 |
[14:14] | You know, every time one of my sons steps out of the house, | 每次我儿子出门 |
[14:16] | I’m worried that someone’s gonna hurt them, or | 我就担心有人会伤害他们 |
[14:19] | even worse, they may not come back home at all. | 甚至再也回不来了 |
[14:24] | You know, I remember the first time we explained it to them. | 我还记得我们第一次跟他们解释的时候 |
[14:25] | You know, I remember the first time we explained it to them. | 我还记得我们第一次跟他们解释的时候 |
[14:29] | I didn’t want to yet. | 我当时还不想解释 |
[14:31] | You know, they were still so young. | 他们当时还很小 |
[14:33] | But Calvin said we had to, to keep them safe. | 但卡尔文说 我们必须保护他们的安全 |
[14:39] | And I will never forget the looks | 当我可爱的儿子得知 |
[14:41] | on my beautiful babies’ faces when they learned | 有人真的会因为他们的肤色 |
[14:44] | that there are people who literally hate them… | 讨厌他们 恨他们 |
[14:47] | that there are people who literally hate them… | 讨厌他们 恨他们 |
[14:50] | just for being born the way God made them. | 我永远也不会忘记他们的表情 |
[14:56] | Marty was only seven years old. | 马蒂当时才七岁 |
[15:01] | Here we go again. Those damn potatoes. | 眼泪又来了 该死的土豆 |
[15:07] | I, uh… | 我 |
[15:10] | I’d give anything right now just to see my baby boy | 我现在愿意付出一切 |
[15:14] | walk through that door so I could just hold him | 换我儿子安全回家 |
[15:16] | and hug him and just tell him I love him. | 让我抱着他 告诉他 我爱他 |
[15:19] | Looks good. | 看起来不错啊 |
[15:23] | Those ain’t yours! Your ass ain’t missing. | 这不是给你吃的 你又没失踪 |
[15:32] | Malcolm. Malcolm, hold up. | 马尔科姆 马尔科姆 等等 |
[15:34] | Y’all– y’all go ahead, go ahead. I’m gonna catch up. Go ahead. | 你们先走吧 我一会过去 走吧 |
[15:39] | Pop, what are y’all two doing here? | 老爹 你们俩怎么来了 |
[15:40] | We was looking for you. | 我们在找你 |
[15:41] | Why haven’t you picked up your phone? | 你为什么不接电话 |
[15:43] | I don’t know, man, I guess… | 我不知道 我可能 |
[15:44] | I guess I just didn’t hear it, Pop. | 我可能没听到吧 老爹 |
[15:45] | That used to always happen to me. | 我以前就经常这样 |
[15:47] | That’s why I keep mine on vibrate; very sensitive thighs. | 所以我才会一直开振动模式 我的大腿很敏感 |
[15:54] | All that matters is that you’re safe. | 你没事就好 |
[15:55] | So come on, man, we’re going home. | 走 咱们回家吧 |
[15:56] | Whoa, Pop. | 老爹 |
[15:58] | I’m not going home. | 我不回家 |
[16:00] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[16:01] | No, man, I’m going down to the police station. | 不 我要去警局 |
[16:04] | Look, they didn’t want to listen to us when we were peaceful, | 我们不闹事 他们就不听 |
[16:07] | so we gonna make ’em listen now. | 所以我们要让他们听进去 |
[16:09] | Come on, don’t be stupid. | 拜托 别傻了 |
[16:11] | Put the brick down, son. You’re coming home. | 把砖头放下 儿子 赶紧回家 |
[16:13] | Pop, I told you I’m not going home. | 老爹 我说了我不回 |
[16:16] | – What? – Malcolm, please. Everybody’s worried about you… | -什么 -马尔科姆 拜托 大家都很担心你 |
[16:18] | – What? – Malcolm, please. Everybody’s worried about you… | -什么 -马尔科姆 拜托 大家都很担心你 |
[16:19] | Dave. | 戴夫 |
[16:21] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:22] | I’m gonna go call Gemma and tell her you’re okay. | 我给杰玛打个电话 告诉她你没事 |
[16:24] | She’s been blowing up my thigh. | 我的电话都快给她打爆了 |
[16:29] | Malcolm, now, I told your mother that I was gonna find you | 马尔科姆 我和妈说了 我会找到你 |
[16:32] | and bring you home, and that’s what I’m gonna do. | 带你回家 所以现在跟我回家 |
[16:35] | How can you tell me to quit now, Pop? | 你怎么能让我现在退出呢 老爹 |
[16:38] | Look, weren’t you the one who said | 不是你说的 |
[16:40] | that you were proud of me for standing up? | 我能挺身而出 让你很骄傲吗 |
[16:41] | And now you want me to back down? | 现在你想让我退出了 |
[16:43] | – Look, son, I hear you. – Obviously you don’t! | -儿子 我明白你的意思 -很明显 你不明白 |
[16:46] | Look, I saw my friend get beat down right in front of me. | 我亲眼目睹我朋友被打 |
[16:48] | Look, I saw my friend get beat down right in front of me. | 我亲眼目睹我朋友被打 |
[16:51] | And I couldn’t do a damn thing about it. | 可我却无能为力 |
[16:53] | I’m standing five feet away, and I was helpless. | 我站在五英尺外 真的很无助 |
[16:56] | You know, maybe if you would have been through something like that | 如果你也经历过这种事 |
[16:58] | You think I don’t understand? | 你以为我不理解吗 |
[17:04] | Boy, do you know how many times I’ve been there? | 你知道我经历过多少次吗 |
[17:07] | How many times I’ve been pulled over | 我被警察拦下过多少次 |
[17:10] | saying I’m in the wrong neighborhood, | 说我来错地方了 |
[17:11] | or questioned because I fit the description? | 或是因为我符合嫌犯描述而被审问 |
[17:14] | I’ve been living this my whole life, Malcolm. | 我这辈子就是这么过来的 马尔科姆 |
[17:16] | – Then why aren’t you angry?! – I am angry! | -那你为什么不生气 -我很生气 |
[17:19] | I’m angry every day. | 我每天都很生气 |
[17:21] | I’m angry every time another racist cop kills one of us out there. | 每次种族主义警察杀害黑人 或者体制出问题时 |
[17:23] | I’m angry every time another racist cop kills one of us out there. | 每次种族主义警察杀害黑人 或者体制出问题时 |
[17:25] | Or every time the system fails us. | 我都很生气 |
[17:27] | It makes me want to burn it all down! | 我想一把火全烧了 |
[17:31] | – But that’s not the answer. – Well, then, what is? | -但这不是答案 -那答案是什么 |
[17:34] | Because they are not listening to us! | 他们都不听我们的 |
[17:37] | So what the hell am I supposed to do? | 我能怎么办 |
[17:39] | – You’re supposed to use your head, Malcolm. – Come on, man. | -动动脑子 马尔科姆 -不是吧 |
[17:41] | You’ve got to fight smart. | 你得放聪明点 |
[17:42] | All right? You’ve got to organize. | 好吗 你得有组织有纪律 |
[17:44] | You gotta talk to your people. You got to get them to listen. | 和你的同胞谈谈 让他们听进去 |
[17:46] | You gotta talk to your people. You got to get them to listen. | 和你的同胞谈谈 让他们听进去 |
[17:47] | Look, they want you to fight with this… | 他们想让你用拳头反抗 |
[17:50] | but you gotta fight with this. | 但你得用脑子 |
[17:52] | Because your actions, | 因为你的行为 |
[17:55] | they got consequences that you may not come back from. | 可能会对你造成无法挽回的后果 |
[17:58] | And you can’t help nobody if you dead or in jail. | 如果你死了或者进了监狱 还能帮助谁呢 |
[18:03] | Now give me the brick. | 把砖头给我 |
[18:07] | Come on. Come on, son. | 给我把 儿子 |
[18:10] | Now give me the brick. | 把砖头给我 |
[18:18] | I just don’t know what else to do, Pop. | 我不知道还能怎么办 老爹 |
[18:20] | – What the hell am I supposed to do? – I know, man. | -我该怎么办 -我明白 伙计 |
[18:22] | I got you, man. | 有我呢 |
[18:27] | I got you, man. | 有我呢 |
[18:35] | Look, I want you to keep that fire, | 心中这股火不要熄灭 |
[18:39] | but you’re gonna lead the right fight. | 但你要领导正确的战斗 |
[18:43] | I’m sorry, Pop, I… | 对不起 老爹 我 |
[18:46] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[18:48] | Come on, man. | 走吧 伙计 |
[18:51] | Let’s get home to your mother. | 回家找你妈吧 |
[18:55] | Exactly how worried is she? | 她有多担心我 |
[18:57] | Well, let’s put it this way. | 这么说吧 |
[19:00] | Say good-bye to your hair line. | 跟你的发际线说拜拜吧 |
[19:10] | – All right, here you go, man. – Thank you, brother. | -给你 -谢谢 兄弟 |
[19:12] | Trey. | 特雷 |
[19:15] | what was it like in jail? | 监狱是什么样的 |
[19:16] | It wasn’t that bad. | 也没那么糟 |
[19:18] | I mean, until they found out my name was Leslie. | 直到他们发现我叫莱斯利 |
[19:22] | Hey, did Trey tell y’all? | 特雷跟你们说了吗 |
[19:23] | The cops who beat him up are getting investigated. | 打他的警察正在接受调查 |
[19:26] | They’re even talking about charges. | 他们甚至考虑提起诉讼 |
[19:28] | Hey, that’s the first step. | 这算是一个起点 |
[19:30] | Yeah, none of that would have happened | 如果不是你们支持我的话 |
[19:31] | if you guys didn’t stand up for me. | 这一切根本不可能发生 |
[19:32] | If it weren’t for you, I’d still be locked up. | 要不是你们 我还被关着呢 |
[19:34] | So thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:36] | – Ah, we got your back. – Amen, brother. | -我们支持你 -阿门 兄弟 |
[19:38] | We’re all in this together, man. | 咱们都是一家人 |
[19:39] | Yeah, and remember that if you get a large settlement. | 如果你得到了一大笔赔偿金 一定要记住这点 |
[19:46] | – Hey, everyone, dinner’s ready. – Oh, yeah. | -各位 晚饭好了 -太好了 |
[19:48] | Oh, seriously, Mom? | 不是吧 妈 |
[19:50] | Trey’s big homecoming dinner and we got leftovers? | 庆祝特雷回归的大餐 居然还有剩菜 |
[19:53] | Shut up and eat your Cream of Weenies. | 闭嘴 吃你的奶油香肠吧 |
[19:58] | – Thank you. – Unbelievable. | -谢谢 -难以置信 |
[20:00] | This looks good, babe. | 看起来真不错 宝贝 |
[20:03] | – That look really good. – Thank you. Thank you. | -看起来真不错 -谢谢 谢谢 |
[20:04] | Okay, everyone, let’s bow our heads. | 好了 各位 低下头 |
[20:09] | Dear Lord, we thank you for bringing us here together safe and sound. | 亲爱的上帝 感谢您让我们平安地坐在这里 |
[20:13] | We give you thanks for watching over Malcolm and Trey, | 感谢您照看马尔科姆和特雷 |
[20:16] | because, Father, we know there are too many families | 圣父 我们知道太多家庭的桌上 |
[20:21] | who have an empty seat at their table tonight. | 今晚都有一个空位 |
[20:24] | Yes, Lord. | 是的 上帝 |
[20:25] | But we ask that you give us strength. | 但我们请求您赐予我们力量 |
[20:28] | to lead the world towards justice and peace | 带领世界走向正义与和平 |
[20:32] | and love for all God’s children. | 爱护上帝的子民 |
[20:36] | In your name we pray, amen. | 我们以您的名义祈祷 阿门 |
[20:39] | – Amen. – That was beautiful, baby. | -阿门 -太棒了 宝贝 |
[20:41] | – All right, everybody, dig in. – All right. | -好了 大家开动吧 -好 |
[20:44] | Trey, what are you gonna have? | 特雷 你吃什么 |