时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | but I built this thing for a couple of little kids. | 但这是我为几个孩子做的 |
[00:11] | Come on in, buddy. | 进来 兄弟 |
[00:14] | Wow, you’re in a really good mood. | 你今天心情不错 |
[00:16] | I know. A new pothole opened up on Jefferson, | 当然 杰弗森路上多了一个凹坑 |
[00:19] | and it is tearing up people’s cars. | 好多车都在那坏了 |
[00:21] | They’re breaking down right in front of my shop. | 正好坏在我的店门口 |
[00:25] | Ain’t God good? | 老天有眼 |
[00:28] | Okay, well, since you’re so happy, | 既然你这么高兴 |
[00:29] | you won’t mind if I borrow a couple tools. | 应该不介意我借点工具吧 |
[00:32] | Sure, what do you need? | 没问题 你要什么 |
[00:33] | Okay, let’s see. | 我看看 |
[00:35] | Here we go. | 都在这里 |
[00:37] | Uh, all right. Miter saw, belt sander, | 斜切锯 带式打磨机 |
[00:39] | power drill, carriage bolts, auger bits, | 电钻 方颈螺栓 螺旋钻头 |
[00:41] | and the instruction manuals on how to use all those things. | 还有这些东西的使用说明书 |
[00:43] | and the instruction manuals on how to use all those things. | 还有这些东西的使用说明书 |
[00:47] | Dave, I’ve told you a hundred times, | 戴夫 我说过一百遍了 |
[00:49] | we are not building a bridge connecting our houses. | 不能在你家和我家之间建桥 |
[00:54] | It was not a bridge, it was a catwalk. | 不是桥 是人行通道 |
[00:59] | But this is about something else. Okay. | 不过这次是为了别的事 |
[01:01] | Grover has been begging me for a tree house, | 葛罗弗总是求我建一间树屋 |
[01:04] | and since he’s visiting his grandmother for a few days, | 他要去祖母家住几天 |
[01:06] | I thought I’d surprise him with one when he gets home. | 我想趁此机会建好 给他个惊喜 |
[01:09] | A tree house, huh? | 树屋是吗 |
[01:11] | I remember the one I built for Malcolm and Marty. | 我记得我给马尔科姆和马蒂修的那间 |
[01:13] | That thing was amazing. | 特别漂亮 |
[01:15] | Well, I’ve got some pretty exciting plans myself. | 我有个激动人心的计划 |
[01:18] | Two words: bird feeder. | 三个字 喂鸟器 |
[01:23] | I got two words for you: poor Grover. | 我也送你三个字 真可怜 |
[01:28] | Aw, man. | 拜托 |
[01:29] | You should’ve seen the one I built. | 你真该看看我做的树屋 |
[01:31] | It had a lookout perch, | 有眺望台 |
[01:33] | a rope swing. | 有秋千 |
[01:34] | It even had a secret door that led to a slide. | 甚至还有连接滑梯的暗门 |
[01:38] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, but screw feeding the birds. | 不敢相信我会这么说 喂鸟什么的太逊了 |
[01:41] | Yeah, man, the boys spent the entire summer up there. | 我家两个孩子整个夏天都在上面 |
[01:44] | By the time they came down, | 他们下来的时候 |
[01:45] | Marty needed longer pants and Malcolm had a goatee. | 马蒂的裤子不够长了 马尔科姆长出了山羊胡 |
[01:50] | Well, Calvin, that sounds awesome. Hey– | 卡尔文 听起来太棒了 |
[01:52] | is there any chance that you would help me | 你能不能帮我 |
[01:54] | build Grover’s tree house? | 给葛罗弗建树屋 |
[01:57] | This may be the pothole talking, but I’d love to. | 可能是路上的坑让我乐疯了 我愿意帮你 |
[02:02] | You know what, I got some extra wood in my garage, | 我家车库里有多余的木材 |
[02:03] | and anything else we need, | 其他东西 |
[02:04] | Okay, perfect. Also, we can swing by the pet store. | 再好不过了 我们路上顺便去趟宠物店 |
[02:06] | Okay, perfect. Also, we can swing by the pet store. | 再好不过了 我们路上顺便去趟宠物店 |
[02:09] | I have 200 pounds of birdseed to return. | 我有90公斤鸟食要退 |
[02:21] | Wow, you really know your way around Home Warehouse. | 你怎么对家居建材城那么熟悉 |
[02:23] | You found everything so quickly. | 这么快就能找到要买的东西 |
[02:25] | Everything except you. | 但是花了半天找你 |
[02:26] | Where the hell did you disappear to for so long? | 你消失了那么久 到底去哪了 |
[02:29] | Sorry. Any time I see a plant section, | 抱歉 我一看到绿植区 |
[02:31] | I like to pretend that I’m lost in the jungle. | 就喜欢假装迷失在丛林中 |
[02:35] | Hey, guys. Oh, nice. | 你们好 不错啊 |
[02:38] | Dave, I see you finally talked my dad | 戴夫 看来你终于说服我爸 |
[02:39] | into building that catwalk. | 修人行通道了 |
[02:41] | Wrong. | 错 |
[02:43] | I’m helping Dave build a tree house for Grover, | 我要帮戴夫给葛罗弗做个树屋 |
[02:46] | just like the one I built for you and Malcolm. | 就像我给你和马尔科姆做的那间 |
[02:48] | Oh, really? That’s fantastic. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[02:50] | Yeah, you know, just thinking about it brings back | 没错 一想到它就勾起了 |
[02:52] | a lot of happy memories of you boys playing in yours. | 很多你们在树屋里玩耍的美好回忆 |
[02:56] | Yeah, me too, Dad. | 我也是 爸爸 |
[02:57] | Man, see, that is exactly the kind of memories | 你看 我也想和葛罗弗 |
[03:01] | that I want to have with Grover. | 创造那种回忆 |
[03:03] | Aw, man, well, you won’t if you let my dad build it, | 如果让我爸来建 你就别指望了 |
[03:05] | because Grover will be dead. | 因为葛罗弗会死的 |
[03:09] | W-What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[03:11] | Trust me, man, the one that my dad built for us was a nightmare. | 相信我 我爸建的树屋简直就是噩梦 |
[03:12] | Trust me, man, the one that my dad built for us was a nightmare. | 相信我 我爸建的树屋简直就是噩梦 |
[03:13] | It had a hole in the floor, | 地板上有个洞 |
[03:15] | splinters everywhere, nails poking out. | 到处都是木屑和冒尖的钉子 |
[03:17] | It was like playing inside a knife drawer. | 就像在放刀的抽屉里玩 |
[03:20] | I mean, what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[03:22] | I mean, your dad is so excited, I can’t ask him to stop now. | 你爸的兴致那么高 我不能现在叫停 |
[03:25] | Well, in that case, the only thing you should do | 这样的话 你唯一的选择就是 |
[03:27] | is use this saw to cut down your tree. | 用这把锯子把你家的树锯断 |
[03:31] | No, wait. You know what? No. Marty, you’re an engineer. | 不 等等 马蒂 你是工程师 |
[03:33] | Look, you can help us build it and make sure that it’s safe. | 你可以帮我们一起做 保证它的安全性 |
[03:37] | If my dad finds out you asked me | 如果我爸发现你让我 |
[03:40] | to supervise his work, he’ll be furious. | 给他监工 他会气死的 |
[03:42] | Well, then, he doesn’t need to know. | 那我就不告诉他 |
[03:43] | Just swing by and make a few casual suggestions. | 你只要不经意间路过 提几个建议就行 |
[03:46] | Then you’re not stepping on his toes. | 这样你就不会惹到他了 |
[03:48] | And more importantly, Grover won’t lose any of his. | 更重要的是 葛罗弗能保住命 |
[03:51] | I don’t know, man. | 我不确定 |
[03:53] | Good news, Dave! | 好消息 戴夫 |
[03:55] | I figured out a way we can run a zip line | 我弄清楚怎么在你家屋顶和树屋之间 |
[03:57] | from the roof to the tree house. | 牵一条索道了 |
[04:00] | We just got to get around those power lines. | 只要躲开电线就行 |
[04:07] | So, 1:00 okay for you? | 我一点过来可以吗 |
[04:15] | Hey, Tina. Here’s the flour you asked for. | 缇娜 这是你要的面粉 |
[04:18] | I brought all I had because I didn’t know | 我把家里的都拿来了 因为不知道 |
[04:19] | how many cups were in a “crapload.” | 你说的”一大堆”具体是几杯 |
[04:23] | Great. Did you also bring the butter? | 很好 你把黄油也带来了吗 |
[04:24] | No, sorry, I was out. | 没有 对不起 我用完了 |
[04:26] | Alexa, add a crapload of butter to my shopping list. | 亚莉克莎 在购物车里加入一大堆黄油 |
[04:30] | I’ve added a crapload of butter to your shopping list. | 我已在购物车中加入了一大堆黄油 |
[04:31] | I’ve added a crapload of butter to your shopping list. | 我已在购物车中加入了一大堆黄油 |
[04:35] | Did you program her to say that? | 这是你给她设定的吗 |
[04:37] | No. She just gets me. | 不 她懂我 |
[04:41] | So, what’s with all the cookies? | 为什么做这么多饼干 |
[04:43] | Well, like an idiot, I volunteered | 我像傻子一样自愿报名 |
[04:46] | to make 400 of them for the church bake sale. | 为教堂的甜品义卖活动做400个饼干 |
[04:48] | 400? That’s crazy. | 400个 太夸张了 |
[04:51] | I know, but Sister Thompson made 300 last year, | 我知道 但汤普森修女去年做了300个 |
[04:54] | and I thought embarrassing that stuck-up old hag | 我觉得让那个自大的婆娘出丑 |
[04:56] | would be the Christian thing to do. | 是我这个基督教徒该做的 |
[05:00] | Well, if you need some help, | 如果你需要帮助 |
[05:01] | I’d be happy to make some for you. | 我愿意帮你分担一些 |
[05:03] | – Oh, really? – Sure. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[05:05] | I love to bake. | 我喜欢烘焙 |
[05:07] | You know, when Grover was little, I used to… | 葛罗弗小的时候 我曾经 |
[05:08] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah. Less chatter, more batter. – Okay. | -行了行了 少说话多干活 -好 |
[05:10] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[05:16] | What do you say, Dave? You looking level on your side? | 怎么样 戴夫 那边是平的吗 |
[05:20] | Not really. | 不平 |
[05:22] | Ah, don’t beat yourself up. Mine isn’t, either. | 别太自责 我这边也不平 |
[05:26] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[05:28] | Oh, look who’s here. It’s Marty, | 看看谁来了 马蒂 |
[05:30] | showing up completely on his own. | 完全是自己出现的 |
[05:32] | Right on time, but totally unplanned. | 很准时 但完全出乎意料 |
[05:35] | Yeah, I just figured I’d drop by and see how you guys were doing. | 我只是顺路过来看看你们怎么样了 |
[05:38] | Oh, great. We’re halfway done with the floor. | 非常好 地板已经铺好一半了 |
[05:41] | Yeah, uh, that’s right, uh… | 没错 |
[05:44] | I got to level with you, Marty, | 我得跟你说实话[水平] 马蒂 |
[05:46] | I can not even believe how well it’s going. | 我简直不[平坦]敢相信进展得这么顺利 |
[05:51] | Well, actually, from where I’m standing, | 其实我感觉吧 |
[05:53] | i-it looks a little slanted. | 看起来有点倾斜 |
[05:55] | Eh, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[05:59] | But trust me, it’ll look straight when it’s 12 feet in the air. | 但相信我 距离地面12英尺的时候看起来就直了 |
[06:00] | But trust me, it’ll look straight when it’s 12 feet in the air. | 但相信我 距离地面12英尺的时候看起来就直了 |
[06:02] | So-so, when you get it up there, | 你把它放上去以后 |
[06:04] | what are you gonna use to support it? Is– | 要用什么支撑它 |
[06:06] | You gonna use braces or a cantilever system? | 支架还是斜臂系统 |
[06:08] | Oh, a cantilever system. You know what’s crazy? | 悬梁系统 你知道最扯的是什么吗 |
[06:10] | Grover was just asking for one of those. | 葛罗弗就想要这个 |
[06:14] | No, man, don’t worry about that stuff. | 不 伙计 别担心那玩意 |
[06:15] | I got something way sturdier in mind. | 我有个更结实的东西 |
[06:17] | W-What? | 什么 |
[06:19] | I’m gonna nail it to that branch | 我要把它钉在那根树枝上 |
[06:21] | and then I’m-a tie a bungee cord and run it | 然后我会绑一根蹦极绳 |
[06:23] | all the way over to that telephone pole. | 一直绕到电线杆那里 |
[06:27] | Yeah, I got to say, Dad, from an engineering standpoint, | 爸 从工程学的角度来看 |
[06:30] | that doesn’t sound super safe to me. | 这不太安全啊 |
[06:32] | You’re probably right. | 你可能是对的 |
[06:34] | Two bungee cords it is. | 那就两根蹦极绳 |
[06:36] | Yeah, uh, I don’t know, Calvin. | 不好吧 卡尔文 |
[06:38] | I-I think Marty is making some pretty good points. | 我觉得马蒂说得很有道理[尖头] |
[06:41] | Yeah, speaking of points, | 说到尖头 |
[06:43] | maybe we should hammer down some of these exposed nails. | 也许我们应该敲一敲裸露的钉子 |
[06:46] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[06:48] | That’s a built-in security system to keep the squirrels out. | 那是内置的安全系统 防止松鼠进去的 |
[06:49] | That’s a built-in security system to keep the squirrels out. | 那是内置的安全系统 防止松鼠进去的 |
[06:52] | Yeah, uh, I don’t know, Calvin. | 不好吧 卡尔文 |
[06:54] | I think I’m leaning towards Marty’s suggestion. | 我更倾向于马蒂的建议 |
[06:57] | It feels a little bit less tetanusy. | 这样能减少破伤风的危险 |
[06:59] | All right, fine, we’ll hammer in the nails. | 好吧 那就钉吧 |
[07:02] | Good. Y-You know, | 很好 你知道吧 |
[07:04] | the squirrels probably won’t even be a problem. | 其实松鼠应该都进不去 |
[07:06] | I know. ‘Cause I’m-a put barbed wire all around this thing instead. | 我知道 因为我要把带刺铁丝网缠在上面 |
[07:08] | I know. ‘Cause I’m-a put barbed wire all around this thing instead. | 我知道 因为我要把带刺铁丝网缠在上面 |
[07:11] | Good idea, fellas. | 好主意 伙计们 |
[07:16] | Cookie timer set for 12 minutes. | 饼干计时器设为12分钟 |
[07:21] | Cookie timer set for 12 minutes. | 饼干计时器设为12分钟 |
[07:23] | Girl, you are such a big help. | 姑娘 你真是帮了大忙了 |
[07:26] | Now, if you could talk trash and drink wine, we could hang. | 如果你能说怼人加喝酒 我们就能一起玩了 |
[07:30] | Okay, here you go. | 好了 给你 |
[07:32] | 100 vegan carob chip cookies. | 100块素食角豆饼干 |
[07:35] | – What? – I’m kidding. | -什么 -我开玩笑的 |
[07:36] | These are so unhealthy, | 那太不健康了 |
[07:38] | there’s a little heart attack in each one. | 吃多了容易心脏病发作 |
[07:42] | Hey, Mom, did you hear the bad news about Mr. Pickett? | 妈 你听说皮克特先生的坏消息了吗 |
[07:46] | Oh, he fell down the stairs and– Oh! Cookies. | 他从楼梯上摔下来了 饼干 |
[07:53] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[07:54] | Mom, these are the best cookies you ever made. | 妈 这是你做过的最好吃的饼干 |
[07:58] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:00] | I’m serious, Ma. | 我是认真的 妈 |
[08:02] | I don’t know what you did different, | 我不知道你改了什么 |
[08:03] | but these right here put all your other cookies to shame. | 但这些饼干让你其他的饼干都相形见绌了 |
[08:09] | Actually, I baked that batch. | 其实这批是我烤的 |
[08:12] | You say what now? | 你说什么 |
[08:16] | Those are hers. | 那是她的 |
[08:23] | You know what? | 其实吧 |
[08:25] | I spoke way too soon. | 我说得太早了 |
[08:27] | – Let me try one of these right… – Just get out of here! | -让我尝尝这些 -快出去 |
[08:33] | You see? I was wrong. | 看到没 我错了 |
[08:35] | I was wrong. These are way better. | 我错了 这些好吃多了 |
[08:39] | Still Gemma’s. | 还是杰玛的 |
[08:45] | You know what? | 其实吧 |
[08:46] | – Let me try one of these right… – Just get out of here! | -让我尝尝这些 -快出去 |
[08:53] | Look at that floor. | 看看那地板 |
[08:55] | Solid as a rock. | 坚如磐石 |
[08:56] | I told you that dead branch was strong enough to hold it. | 我说了那根死树枝够坚固吧 |
[09:00] | Yeah… | 嗯 |
[09:01] | Yeah, uh, lucky for us you spotted it | 是啊 幸好你在非常非常高的树上 |
[09:03] | so very, very high up in the tree. | 发现了那根树枝 |
[09:06] | Know what we should do, | 知道我们该怎么做吗 |
[09:09] | is get a steel pipe and put it on the roof | 找根钢管放在屋顶上 |
[09:12] | so Grover can fly a pirate flag. | 这样葛罗弗就能挂海盗旗了 |
[09:14] | Oh, that’s a great idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[09:16] | No kid’s wooden fort is complete | 没有避雷针 |
[09:18] | without a lightning rod attached to it. | 小孩的木堡是不完整的 |
[09:20] | Now, you see a problem, I see free electricity. | 你看到的是问题 我看到是的免费电力 |
[09:23] | Yeah… | 嗯 |
[09:25] | You know, though, maybe we skip the flagpole. | 旗杆就算了吧 |
[09:28] | Yeah, Grover’s not into pirates anymore anyway. | 葛罗弗已经不喜欢海盗了 |
[09:30] | Oh, that’s too bad. | 真可惜 |
[09:32] | I see at least three planks up there just begging to be walked off. | 上面至少有三块木板在求着离开 |
[09:33] | I see at least three planks up there just begging to be walked off. | 上面至少有三块木板在求着离开 |
[09:37] | What’s your deal, Marty? | 你怎么回事 马蒂 |
[09:39] | Why you keep criticizing everything I do? | 我做什么你都要逼逼两句 |
[09:41] | Well, i-it’s not about you, Dad. I’m just looking out for Grover. | 这跟你无关 爸 我只是在照顾葛罗弗 |
[09:43] | You know what? I-I like the sound of that. | 你知道吗 听起来不错 |
[09:46] | You know, Grover has very delicate bones. | 葛罗弗的骨头很脆弱 |
[09:48] | He’s… he’s basically like a little baby bird. | 他是 他就像一只小鸟 |
[09:53] | Eh, the only baby around here is Marty. | 这里唯一的巨婴就是马蒂 |
[09:55] | “Wah, the floor is uneven.” | 地板不平 |
[09:58] | “Wah, lightning’s bad for you.” | 闪电对身体不好 |
[10:02] | I’m just trying to make it safe. | 我只是想确保安全 |
[10:04] | No, what you’re doing is trying to make it boring. | 不 你只是想让它变得无聊 |
[10:07] | Half the fun of a tree house is taking some risk. | 树屋一半的乐趣就是冒险 |
[10:10] | A little sense of adventure. | 一点冒险精神 |
[10:12] | When did you become so soft? | 你什么时候变得这么软弱了 |
[10:15] | I’m not soft, Dad. | 我不软弱 爸 |
[10:16] | I’m just trying to stop this tree house from being | 我只是不想让这个树屋 |
[10:18] | an even bigger disaster than the one you built us. | 变得比你给我们建的更糟糕 |
[10:20] | What are you talking about? You loved that tree house. | 你说什么呢 你很喜欢那个树屋啊 |
[10:23] | No, man, I hated it. That thing was way too dangerous. | 不 我很讨厌 那东西太危险了 |
[10:25] | Name one thing that was dangerous about it. | 说一件危险的事 |
[10:29] | Dad, you built it over a barbecue pit. | 爸 你建在了一个烧烤炉上 |
[10:35] | It’s called heated floors. | 这叫地暖 |
[10:38] | G-Guys, please stop arguing. | 伙计们 别吵了 |
[10:40] | Look, I’m not arguing, I’m just realizing | 我不是在吵 我只是意识到 |
[10:42] | how ungrateful my son is. | 我儿子有多忘恩负义 |
[10:44] | Yeah, and I’m just realizing how reckless and irresponsible my dad is. | 我刚意识到我爸有多鲁莽 多不负责任 |
[10:46] | Yeah, and I’m just realizing how reckless and irresponsible my dad is. | 我刚意识到我爸有多鲁莽 多不负责任 |
[10:48] | You know what, Marty, what-what are you even doing here? | 马蒂 你来这里干什么 |
[10:50] | Nobody invited you. Right, Dave? | 没人邀请你 对吧 戴夫 |
[10:52] | Yeah, totally uninvited, but at the same time, very welcome. | 是的 完全不请自来 但同时非常欢迎 |
[10:58] | Yeah, fine, you guys don’t want my help, I’m out of here. | 好吧 你们不需要我帮忙 那我走了 |
[11:01] | I was just trying to keep Grover safe. | 我只是想保证葛罗弗的安全 |
[11:03] | Well, you don’t have to worry about that, | 你不用担心这个 |
[11:06] | because when it comes to tree houses, | 因为说到树屋 |
[11:07] | nobody builds ’em better than me. | 没人比我建得更好 |
[11:12] | There’s your rope swing right there. | 这就是你的秋千 |
[11:28] | Hey, Dave, what’s up? | 戴夫 怎么了 |
[11:30] | And if you say the tree house, I will be shocked. | 如果你说树屋 那我肯定很惊讶 |
[11:33] | I came over to apologize for yesterday. | 我是来为昨天的事道歉的 |
[11:36] | The last thing I wanted was to cause a fight between you and your dad. | 我最不想的就是让你和你爸吵架 |
[11:40] | I mean, you didn’t start that fight. | 这不是你挑起的 |
[11:41] | He did when he called me soft. | 谁让他说我软弱的 |
[11:43] | – It’s messed up. – Yeah, I totally get it. | -太操蛋了 -我完全理解 |
[11:46] | I’d hate it if Calvin ever thought I were soft. | 如果卡尔文觉得我软弱 我肯定很不爽 |
[11:53] | But come on, Marty, I need you to come back. | 但是 马蒂 我需要你回来 |
[11:55] | For Grover’s sake. | 为了葛罗弗 |
[11:57] | How bad is it? | 情况有多糟 |
[11:58] | It is a nightmare. He’s over there right now | 简直是噩梦 他在那边 |
[12:01] | trying to get a diving board to reach the neighbors’ swimming pool. | 想弄个跳板 跳进邻居的游泳池 |
[12:05] | Dave, I tried to help, man. You saw what happened. | 戴夫 我想帮你的 你也看到了 |
[12:08] | I know, and I should have backed you up, but… | 我知道 我应该支持你的 但是 |
[12:12] | but it’s hard. | 但是很难 |
[12:13] | Your dad’s heart is in the right place, | 你爸的出发点是对的 |
[12:15] | even though I’m pretty sure his support beams are not. | 虽然我很确定他的支撑梁的位置不对 |
[12:22] | if you want me to come back, | 如果你想让我回来 |
[12:23] | you’re gonna have to make my dad do things my way. | 你得让我爸按我的方式做事 |
[12:25] | Absolutely. Look, Marty, | 必须的 听着 马蒂 |
[12:27] | from now on, you are in charge, no matter what. | 从现在开始 由你全权负责 |
[12:29] | Okay, good. But we better get over there quick | 很好 但我们最好快点过去 |
[12:31] | because the neighbors drained that pool two years ago. | 因为邻居两年前把泳池抽干了 |
[12:40] | Okay for me to come in? | 我可以进来吗 |
[12:42] | Of course, Gemma, why wouldn’t it be? | 当然了 杰玛 为什么这么问 |
[12:44] | I don’t know, I was worried you might still be | 不知道 我还担心你 |
[12:46] | upset about that whole cookie thing yesterday. | 在为昨天饼干的事生气 |
[12:49] | Ah, please, they’re just silly cookies | 拜托 那只是一些 |
[12:52] | that I’ve baked for Malcolm his whole life, | 自从我把马尔科姆从我身体里生出来 |
[12:54] | ever since I squeezed his sorry ass out of my damn body. | 就为他做的一辈子的破饼干 |
[12:59] | I know, I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[13:00] | No, no, it’s not your fault. | 不 不 这不是你的错 |
[13:02] | Malcolm was right, your cookies were delicious. | 马尔科姆说得对 你的饼干很好吃 |
[13:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:06] | You’re welcome. And besides, | 不客气 而且吧 |
[13:08] | obviously it was just a fluke. | 这显然只是侥幸 |
[13:13] | What do you mean, a fluke? | 什么叫侥幸 |
[13:14] | Oh, I’m sorry, Gemma, I didn’t mean it like that. | 抱歉 杰玛 我不是那个意思 |
[13:17] | I’m just saying, everyone knows that | 我只是说 大家都知道 |
[13:18] | my cookies eat yours for breakfast. | 我的饼干完爆你的饼干 |
[13:23] | Well, everyone might know, but clearly Malcolm doesn’t. | 大家可能都知道 但显然马尔科姆不知道 |
[13:25] | Well, everyone might know, but clearly Malcolm doesn’t. | 大家可能都知道 但显然马尔科姆不知道 |
[13:30] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[13:34] | Well, it sounds like there’s only one way to settle this. | 看来只有一个办法了 |
[13:37] | You talking bake-off? | 你是说烘焙大赛吗 |
[13:38] | Oh, you know it. Name your cookie. | 你懂的 你做什么饼干 |
[13:41] | Shortbread? Snickerdoodle? | 奶油酥饼 肉桂饼干 |
[13:45] | If we’re gonna do it, let’s go all the way. | 既然要做 那就做到底 |
[13:49] | You talking oatmeal? | 你是说燕麦片吗 |
[13:51] | With raisins. | 还有葡萄干 |
[13:55] | Is there any other way? | 还有别的方法吗 |
[13:59] | Actually, sometimes they use chocolate chips. | 其实有时会用巧克力屑 |
[14:02] | – Oh, that sounds yummy. Let’s do that instead. – Okay. | -听起来很好吃 就这么做吧 -好 |
[14:09] | Hey, Dad. | 老爸 |
[14:11] | Look who’s back, the building inspector. | 看看谁回来了 建筑检查员 |
[14:16] | Actually, Calvin, I asked Marty to come back. | 卡尔文 其实是我让马蒂回来的 |
[14:19] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[14:20] | Look, I know you’re just trying to make this place | 我知道你只是想让这个地方 |
[14:22] | as much fun as possible for Grover, but… | 尽可能让葛罗弗玩得开心 但是 |
[14:25] | it would be nice if he were actually alive to enjoy it. | 前提是他能活着好好享受 |
[14:29] | Seriously? You’re taking his side? | 不是吧 你站在他那边 |
[14:32] | Look, Calvin, there are no sides. | 卡尔文 没有站队 |
[14:36] | Yeah, like this place when somebody sneezes and the walls fall down. | 这里有人打个喷嚏 墙就倒了 |
[14:39] | Know what? Fine. | 既然这样 好吧 |
[14:40] | If neither of you think that I can do this, | 既然你们都觉得我不行 |
[14:42] | then I’m out of here. | 那我走 |
[14:43] | But I’m taking my nail with me. | 但我要带走我的钉子 |
[14:50] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[14:51] | Oh, relax. It’s just the floor settling onto the tree. | 别紧张 只是地板卡在树上而已 |
[14:53] | Oh, relax. It’s just the floor settling onto the tree. | 别紧张 只是地板卡在树上而已 |
[14:54] | Now it’s even more rock-solid. | 现在更坚固了 |
[15:01] | M-Maybe I should put this nail back where it, where it was. | 也许我应该把钉子放回原处 |
[15:10] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[15:11] | I got to admit, now the floor is a little slanted. | 我得承认 现在地板有点斜了 |
[15:23] | – Hey, ladies… – Enough small talk. | -女士们 -少废话 |
[15:25] | We need you to settle a bet. | 我们需要你解决一个赌局 |
[15:27] | Uh, what bet? | 什么赌局 |
[15:29] | We both baked one of these cookies. | 我们都烤了一块饼干 |
[15:31] | All you have to do is taste them | 你只要尝一尝 |
[15:32] | and tell us which one you like better. | 告诉我们你更喜欢哪个 |
[15:34] | And God help you if you get it wrong. | 如果你错了 就祈求上帝帮助你吧 |
[15:37] | You know, actually, I am kind of busy right now. | 其实我现在有点忙 |
[15:39] | But you know who loves cookies? | 但你知道谁喜欢饼干吗 |
[15:41] | Marty. I’m gonna go find him. | 马蒂 我去找他 |
[15:43] | – Nice try, Malcolm. – Yeah. | -想得美 马尔科姆 -没错 |
[15:45] | Now be a man and eat your milk and cookies! | 像个男人一样 赶紧吃牛奶和饼干 |
[15:50] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[16:05] | So, which is better? | 哪个更好 |
[16:08] | I hate to disappoint either of you, but… | 我不想让你们失望 但是 |
[16:10] | it’s a tie– everybody wins! | 平局 双赢 |
[16:13] | Malcolm! | 马尔科姆 |
[16:15] | All right, Ma. | 好吧 妈 |
[16:17] | If I had to choose, | 如果我必须做出选择 |
[16:19] | I pick this one. | 我选这个 |
[16:24] | Somebody call Keebler and tell ’em there’s a new elf in town! | 打电话给奇宝 告诉他们镇上新来了个精灵 |
[16:33] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[16:35] | I guess you were right, my cookies were just a fluke. | 看来你是对的 我的饼干好吃只是侥幸 |
[16:38] | I’m sorry, Gemma, I never should’ve said that. | 对不起 杰玛 我不该那么说的 |
[16:41] | I just overreacted because I’m Malcolm’s mom. | 我反应过度了 因为我是马尔科姆的妈妈 |
[16:43] | And, you know, every mama wants her baby to like her cookies best. | 每个妈妈都希望孩子最喜欢她的饼干 |
[16:47] | I get it, and I’m glad he picked yours. | 我明白 我很高兴他选了你 |
[16:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:52] | And thank you, Malcolm. | 谢谢你 马尔科姆 |
[16:54] | Now I’m gonna go put your baby pictures back up. | 现在我去把你的婴儿照挂回去 |
[16:59] | Look, I’m sorry, Gemma. Your cookie was good, too. | 我很抱歉 杰玛 你的饼干也很好吃 |
[17:03] | It just had a bit of, um, a strange aftertaste. | 只是有种奇怪的余味 |
[17:06] | I hope so. I put in a crapload of pickle juice. | 这就对了 我放了很多腌黄瓜汁 |
[17:10] | Pickle juice? | 腌黄瓜汁 |
[17:12] | Why would you put pickle juice in an oatmeal cookie? | 你为什么要在燕麦饼干里放腌黄瓜汁 |
[17:14] | Because I’m a mama, too. | 因为我也是母亲 |
[17:16] | Like your mom said, | 就像你妈说的 |
[17:18] | we all want our babies to like our cookies best. | 我们都希望孩子们最喜欢我们的饼干 |
[17:21] | You’re a good friend, Gemma. | 你真是个好朋友 杰玛 |
[17:23] | Not that good. At first, I was going to put it in her cookie. | 也没那么好 一开始我想放进她的饼干里的 |
[17:31] | Okay, nobody move or this thing is gonna collapse. | 大家都别动 不然就要塌了 |
[17:34] | All right, now I know how this looks, | 我知道情况不妙 |
[17:35] | but I built this thing for a couple of little kids. | 但这是我为几个孩子做的 |
[17:37] | Not three grown men. | 不是三个成年人 |
[17:39] | That being said, | 话虽如此 |
[17:41] | I probably could’ve used a few more bungee cords. | 我可能还需要一些蹦极绳 |
[17:43] | Okay, so what do we do now? | 好吧 那我们现在怎么办 |
[17:46] | And if you’re gonna say pee your pants, well… | 如果你要说尿裤子 |
[17:49] | mission accomplished. | 任务已经完成了 |
[17:50] | Well, Marty, you’re an engineer. | 马蒂 你是个工程师 |
[17:52] | If anybody can figure a way to get us out of here, it’s you. | 如果有人能想办法救我们出去 那就是你 |
[17:54] | Okay, okay, okay, uh… all right, I-I think I got it. | 好吧 好吧 我知道了 |
[17:58] | Um, if-if we coordinate our movements | 如果我们协调行动 |
[18:00] | and redistribute our body weight, | 重新分配我们的体重 |
[18:03] | that should counterbalance the floor until we can each get out. | 应该能平衡地板 让我们都能出去 |
[18:05] | Great idea. And may I say, | 好主意 容我说一句 |
[18:08] | as a professional conflict mediator, | 作为专业冲突调解员 |
[18:10] | an excellent team-building exercise. | 这是一次绝佳的团队建设训练 |
[18:12] | Okay, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[18:16] | You might want to hurry this thing up. | 你最好快点 |
[18:17] | – This tree is getting sick of Dave, too. – Okay… | -这棵树也开始讨厌戴夫了 -好 |
[18:18] | okay, Dave? You’re closest to the door. | 戴夫 你离门最近 |
[18:20] | I’m gonna slide two steps to the left, | 我往左走两步 |
[18:23] | Dad, you take two steps to the right. | 爸 你往右边走两步 |
[18:25] | That should balance the floor. | 应该能平衡地板 |
[18:27] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[18:29] | Go! | 走 |
[18:31] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[18:33] | Okay, all right, Dave, you climb out. | 好了 戴夫 你爬出去 |
[18:36] | Dad, as soon as he does,you take another step to the left. | 爸 他一出去你就再往左一步 |
[18:39] | I’m gonna take two steps back. | 我要退后两步 |
[18:41] | Oh, so this is like the Electric Slide meets the Cupid Shuffle. | 这就像滑步舞和丘比特曳步舞的结合 |
[18:44] | – No, Dad, Dad, no! – Oh, my God. | -不 爸 不要 -天哪 |
[18:46] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[18:49] | That-That-That’s on me right there. | 我的错 |
[18:53] | Okay, Dave, go! | 好了 戴夫 走吧 |
[18:55] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[18:56] | And for the record, there are no two men | 郑重声明 除了你们俩 |
[18:59] | that I’d rather be trapped in a tree house | 我不会和其他男人 |
[19:01] | – with than the two of you! – Get out of here! | -被困在树屋里的 -快出去 |
[19:08] | Okay, Dad. It’s your turn. | 好了 爸 到你了 |
[19:10] | No, son, you go. | 不 儿子 你先走 |
[19:12] | All right, this is my fault. | 这是我的错 |
[19:13] | If I had listened to your suggestions, | 如果我听了你的建议 |
[19:15] | we wouldn’t be here in the first place. | 我们就不会在这里了 |
[19:17] | I just got carried away. | 我有点忘乎所以了 |
[19:19] | It’s okay, man. You were just trying to make it fun. | 没事的 你只是想找点乐子 |
[19:22] | The same way you did when you built ours. | 就像你当初给我们造树屋时一样 |
[19:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:25] | And I shouldn’t have called you soft, because you’re not. | 我不该说你软弱的 你一点也不软弱 |
[19:29] | You mean that? | 你是认真的吗 |
[19:31] | Yeah. I mean, | 是啊 |
[19:32] | the way you kept your cool | 你保持冷静 |
[19:34] | and figured out a way to get us out of here, | 想办法带我们离开这里 |
[19:36] | there’s nothing soft about that. | 这一点都不软弱 |
[19:39] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[19:40] | Bring it in, son. | 抱一个 儿子 |
[19:43] | All right, whoa, whoa, whoa, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[19:45] | Bring it out, bring it out! | 先别抱了 别抱了 |
[19:52] | Okay, okay, Dad, I’m going. | 好的 爸 我走了 |
[19:55] | I’ll see you on the ground. | 我们地面上见 |
[19:57] | One way or the other. | 不管怎么下去 |
[20:07] | Damn. | 靠 |
[20:09] | Why did I let Dave go first? | 我为什么先让戴夫走了 |
[20:19] | You were right, this is a much better idea than the one I had. | 你说得对 这比我的主意好多了 |
[20:22] | True. Although I would’ve loved to see my dad | 没错 虽然我很想看我爸 |
[20:24] | try to Mary Poppins his way down with your beach umbrella. | 用你的沙滩伞慢慢降落 |
[20:27] | Calvin, you okay up there? | 卡尔文 你没事吧 |
[20:29] | Yeah, but I’m running out of time! | 嗯 但我快没时间了 |
[20:32] | When’s that umbrella coming? | 伞什么时候拿过来 |
[20:33] | Okay… change of plans. | 计划有变 |
[20:35] | We’ve got some mattresses for you to land on! | 我们给你准备了床垫 |
[20:40] | Dad, you got to jump now! | 爸 你得跳下去 |
[20:42] | A squirrel just did and I think he knows something. | 一只松鼠刚刚跳下来了 我觉得它好像发现什么了 |
[20:47] | All right, here I come! | 好吧 我来了 |
[20:50] | Just remember, you’re the Black Bruce Willis. | 记住 你是黑人版的布鲁斯·威利斯 |
[20:55] | Yippee ki-yay, mother brother! | 操 爷拼了 |