时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Water | 水善国 |
[00:03] | Earth | 土强国 |
[00:05] | Fire | 火烈国 |
[00:07] | Air | 气和国 |
[00:10] | Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony | 很久以前,这四大国和谐共处 |
[00:14] | Then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked. | 然而,烈火国发起的战争结束了和平 |
[00:18] | Only the avatar, master of all four elements could stop them. | 只有同时掌握四种元素的降世神通才能结束战争 |
[00:22] | But when the world needed him most, he vanished. | 然而在大家最需要他的时候,他却消失了 |
[00:26] | 100 years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new avatar, | 100年后,我和哥哥发现了转世的降世神通 |
[00:30] | an airbender named Aang | 他是个御气师,名叫“安昂” |
[00:32] | And although his airbending skills are great | 尽管他的御气术着实了得 |
[00:34] | He has a lot to learn before he’s ready to save anyone. | 在拯救苍生之前,他要学的还有很多 |
[00:37] | But I believe Aang can save the world. | 但是我坚信 安昂能拯救这个世界 |
[00:47] | Previously on Avatar | |
[00:50] | i’m losing this war. | 我输掉了这场战争 |
[00:52] | i’m letting the whole world down. | 我让天下人失望了 |
[00:55] | i should have seen this war coming, and prevented it. | 我应该预见这场战争的到来,并及时制止它 |
[00:58] | for so long, i thought that if my dad accepted me, i’d be happy. | 一直以来,我以为父皇 接受我的话,我一定会很高兴 |
[01:02] | i’m back home now. | 我现在终于回家了 |
[01:03] | my dad talks to me. | 父皇肯与我交谈 |
[01:04] | everything should be perfect, right? | 一切都很完美,不是吗? |
[01:06] | i should be happy now, but i’m not. | 我现在应该感到高兴 可我却高兴不起来 |
[01:08] | please, uncle, i’m so confused. | 求你了,皇叔,我很困惑 |
[01:10] | i need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[01:12] | forget it. | 算了 |
[01:13] | i’ll solve this myself. | 我会自己解决的 |
[01:15] | waste away in here for all i care. | 从此你是生是死都与我无关 第三卷 火 第六回 降世神通与烈火王 |
[01:25] | aang, it’s time you learned my history with fire lord sozin. | 安昂,该是时候让你了解我和烈火王苏进的渊源了 |
[01:30] | you need to understand how the war began if you want to know how to end it. | 你只有了解到这场战争的来龙去脉 才有可能找到终止它的办法 |
[01:36] | meet my on my home island on the day of the summer solstice. | 夏至日时到我以前居住的岛上来见我吧 |
[01:43] | ok, roku. | 好的,罗库大师 |
[01:57] | you need to know the story of your great-grandfather’s demise. | 探究你曾祖父去世的故事 |
[02:02] | it will reveal your own destiny. | 它会揭示你自己的命运 |
[02:17] | aang: there it is. | 咱们到了 |
[02:18] | that’s roku’s home. | 这儿曾是罗库的家 |
[02:22] | katara: but there’s nothing here. | 可这儿什么也没有啊 |
[02:26] | yes, there is. | 不,有的 |
[02:29] | an entire village. | 整座村庄都在这儿 |
[02:30] | hundreds of houses. | 数以百计的房屋 |
[02:32] | all completely buried in ash. | 都埋没于火山灰下 |
[02:39] | azula: it’s never too early for a sitting with the court painter, zuko. | 祖寇,现在去找宫廷画师画像还来得及 |
[02:42] | make sure he gets your good side. | 记得让他画侧脸 |
[02:45] | wait. | 等等 |
[02:46] | i need to ask you something. | 我有件事要问你 |
[02:48] | what do you remember about our great-grandfather’s history? | 你还记得曾祖父的故事吗? |
[02:51] | ah, zuko. | 我说祖寇 |
[02:52] | it’s so strange how your mind works. | 真不知道你那小脑瓜都在想什么呢 |
[02:55] | fire lord sozin began the war, of course. | 是烈火王苏进发动了这场战争 |
[02:57] | he spent his early years secretly preparing for it | 他在战前花了数年时间秘密筹划 |
[03:00] | but he was as patient as he was clever. | 他不仅聪慧,更十分的耐心 |
[03:03] | he famously waited for the comet, later renamed sozin’s comet | 他伺机等待彗星的到来,之后那颗彗星便以他来命名 |
[03:07] | and used its power to launch his full-scale invasion of the world. | 它利用彗星的能量发动了全面的侵略战争 |
[03:11] | in the end, he died a very old and successful man. | 他十分长寿,是一位万众敬仰的伟人 |
[03:14] | but how did he die? | 那他是怎么去世的? |
[03:15] | didn’t you pay any attention in school, zuko? | 祖寇,在学校你有认真听讲没有? |
[03:18] | he died peacefully, in his sleep. | 他是在睡梦中安然辞世的 |
[03:20] | he was ancient. | 他年纪太老了 |
[03:51] | what does it mean? | 这是什么意思啊? |
[04:00] | the fire sages keep the secret history in the dragon bone catacombs. | “烈火国诸闲秘史,藏于龙骨墓窟中” |
[05:02] | the final testament of fire lord sozin. | 烈火王苏进遗诏 |
[05:05] | roku: come, aang. | 随我来,安昂 |
[05:07] | aang: where are we going? | 咱们这是要去哪儿? |
[05:09] | to visit my past. | 去我的过去瞧瞧 |
[05:12] | our shared past. | 我们共有的过去 |
[05:15] | sozin: as i feel my own life dimming, i can’t help but think | 当我的生命之火即将燃尽时 我不免回想起 |
[05:20] | of a time when everything was so much brighter. | 以前那段光亮美好的日子 |
[05:24] | i remember my friend. | 我记起了我的朋友 |
[05:41] | looks like i win again, roku. | 罗库,看来这次我又赢了 |
[05:43] | are you kidding? | 别开玩笑了 |
[05:44] | the tree root did all the work. | 要不是树根帮你,你能赢? |
[05:48] | nice one, sozin. | 打得好,苏进 |
[05:50] | you were friends with fire lord sozin? | 你曾经与烈火王苏进是朋友? |
[05:53] | back then, he was just prince sozin, and he was my best friend. | 那时,他还是苏进王子,他是我最好的朋友 |
[06:03] | say something to her. | 快去找她聊聊啊 |
[06:12] | love is hard when you’re young. | 年轻时爱总是难以开口 |
[06:14] | you don’t have to tell me. | 这个我比你还清楚 |
[06:16] | don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[06:17] | it gets better. | 会好起来的 |
[06:19] | now come with me. | 跟我来 |
[06:21] | we have a party to attend. | 咱们要去参加一个派对 |
[06:24] | aang: wait, whose party is it? | 等等,是谁的派对啊? |
[06:26] | roku: sozin and i shared many things, including a birthday. | 苏进和我分享很多事情,就连生日也是在同一天 |
[06:42] | sozin: did something happen to my father? | 我父皇出什么事了吗? |
[06:44] | no, prince sozin. | 没有,苏进殿下 |
[06:46] | we are not here for you. | 我们不是来找您的 |
[06:48] | we are here to announce the identity of the next avatar. | 我们是来宣布下一任神通的人选的 |
[06:53] | it is our honor to serve you, avatar roku. | 我们很荣幸为您效劳,罗库神通 |
[07:09] | Soon the day came when my friend Ruko… | 时间如梭,很快就到了我的朋友罗库… |
[07:12] | had to leave the fire nation and face his destiny as the avatar. | 离开烈火国的时候了,他要面对已为神通的命运 |
[07:17] | he needed to travel the world so he could master the other elements. | 他需要周游世界,这样才能掌握其他几种元素 |
[07:23] | hey, why aren’t you packed yet, all-powerful avatar? | 嘿,为什么你不打包啊,万能的神通? |
[07:27] | come on, show me how it’s done using all four kinds of bending. | 来啊,让我看看你是怎么同时使用四种御术的 |
[07:35] | i started packing, but then the fire sages told me | 我本来要打包来着,可是烈火侍者告诉我 |
[07:38] | i won’t need any worldly possessions anymore. | 我不需要任何其他俗世俗物的牵绊 |
[07:43] | it happened so fast. | 这一切来的太快 |
[07:45] | everything’s gonna be different now. | 今后一切都会不一样了 |
[07:47] | here. | 拿着 |
[07:52] | i hope you’re at least allowed to have this. | 希望他们还能让你带上这个 |
[07:54] | roku: but this is a royal artifact. | 这可是皇家的饰物 |
[07:56] | it’s supposed to be worn by the crown prince. | 这可是只有皇储才能佩戴的 |
[07:58] | i want you to have it. | 我希望你能收下 |
[08:23] | do they have bathrooms in the spirit world? | 在灵界也有卫生间吗? |
[08:26] | as a matter of fact, they do not. | 据我实地调查,没有 |
[08:30] | hey, we’re almost at the southern air temple. | 嘿,咱们就快到南气和寺了 |
[08:34] | this was the first stop on my avatar journey. | 这是我神通之旅的第一站 |
[08:37] | it was the place where i was trained to master airbending | 我就是在那里修炼御气术的 |
[08:42] | and also where i met an old friend of yours, monk gyatso. | 我在这儿还遇见了你的老朋友,雅俗和尚 |
[08:47] | aang: no way. | 不会吧 |
[08:53] | hey, gyatso, you want to see a new glider trick? | 嘿,雅俗,想看一下我的新滑翼招式吗? |
[09:00] | check this out. | 瞧我的 |
[09:03] | aang: he’s air-surfing. | 他居然会“冲气浪” |
[09:04] | i can’t believe i never thought of that. | 我怎么就没想出来呢 |
[09:19] | aang: that’s amazing. | 真是太不可思议了 |
[09:21] | i can’t believe you were friends with monk gyatso just like i was. | 真不敢相信,咱俩和雅俗大师都是好朋友 |
[09:24] | some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes. | 有些友谊可以历久明新,甚至可以跨越轮回的限制 |
[09:33] | after my years mastering airbending, i traveled to the northern water tribe. | 经过几年的御气术修行之后 我又到北极水族继续拜师学艺 |
[09:40] | waterbending was especially challenging for me. | 御水术对我来说是很大的挑战 |
[09:47] | but in time, i mastered it as well. | 不过我终于还是掌握了 |
[10:05] | i moved on to the earth kingdom. | 之后我又来到了土强国 |
[10:11] | my earthbending master, sud, was uncompromising, stubborn, and blunt | 我的御土术师傅 萨得 强硬倔强,而又十分直率 |
[10:19] | and a lifelong friend. | 他是我一生的挚友 |
[10:36] | roku: it was bitter work, but the results were worth it. | 这番修行虽然艰苦,但结果证明那是十分值得的 |
[10:50] | sozin: twelve long years passed before i saw my friend again. | 十二年后,我的朋友回来了 |
[10:54] | when roku returned, he was a fully realized avatar, and i had changed as well. | 那时的罗库已是名副其实的神通 而我也已经改变了 |
[11:01] | sozin, or should i say, fire lord. | 是该叫你苏进呢,还是该称呼你为烈火王 |
[11:05] | customarily, my subjects bow before greeting me, but you’re the exception. | 通常情况下,觐见者必须对我三扣九拜 不过你就不用了 |
[11:14] | roku: after all these years, he was still my best friend | 时隔多年之后,他仍旧是我最好的朋友 |
[11:19] | and a few months later, he was my best man. | 几个月后,他成了我的伴郎 |
[11:26] | aang: roku, it’s that girl who didn’t even know you were alive. | 罗库,新娘就是你当年暗恋的女孩吗? |
[11:30] | roku: ta min. | 她名叫塔敏 |
[11:31] | i was persistent. | 我一直不懈追求 |
[11:34] | when love is real, it finds a way | 我们的爱情终于修成了正果 |
[11:38] | and being the avatar doesn’t hurt your chances with the ladies, either. | 身为降世神通并不会错失 与心上人携手终生的机会的 |
[11:43] | sozin: on wedding days, we look to the future with optimism and joy. | 婚礼当天,我们满心欢喜,憧憬着美好的未来 |
[11:47] | i had my own vision for a brighter future. | 对于今后我有更好的打算 |
[11:52] | excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[11:54] | may i borrow him for a moment? | 我能和新郎单独唠两句吗? |
[11:56] | it’s not very traditional, but ok. | 这不符合传统,不过好吧 |
[12:02] | what’s on your mind? | 你在想什么? |
[12:03] | i’ve been thinking hard about the state of the world lately. | 最近我一直在考虑目前世界的形式 |
[12:06] | sozin, it’s my wedding. | 苏进,今天可是我大婚之日 |
[12:07] | have a cookie. | 其吃点甜点 |
[12:08] | dance with someone. | 找个人跳跳舞 |
[12:10] | lighten up. | 高兴点 |
[12:11] | i know, i know, but just hear me out. | 我知道,不过你得听我说完 |
[12:15] | right from the start, i was destined to be fire lord | 从一开始我就注定要成为烈火王 |
[12:20] | and although we didn’t always know it, you were destined to be the avatar. | 虽然我们起初不知道,不过你注定要成为降世神通 |
[12:24] | it’s an amazing stroke of fate we know each other so well, isn’t it? | 是天意让我们互相了解,成为挚友的,不是吗? |
[12:27] | together, we could do anything. | 兄弟齐心,其力断金 |
[12:31] | yeah, we could. | 是啊,没错 |
[12:33] | our nation is enjoying an unprecedented time of peace and wealth. | 咱们的国家现在四海生平,繁荣昌盛 |
[12:38] | our people are happy, and we’re so fortunate in so many ways. | 我们的人民安居乐业,致富有方 |
[12:43] | where are you going with this? | 你说这些干什么? |
[12:45] | i’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[12:47] | we should share this prosperity with the rest of the world. | 我们应该与天下共享繁荣 |
[12:50] | in our hands is the most successful empire in history. | 我们可以携手缔造有史以来最成功的王朝 |
[12:54] | it’s time we expanded it. | 该是我们开辟疆土的时候了 |
[12:56] | no | 不 |
[12:57] | the four nations are meant to be just that: four. | 四国和谐统一,必须保持原状 |
[13:00] | roku, you haven’t even stopped to consider the possibilities. | 罗库,你甚至都没有仔细考虑过 |
[13:03] | there are no possibilities. | 不用考虑了,那是不可能的 |
[13:05] | this is the last i want to hear about this. | 我今后再也不想听到这些了 |
[13:09] | roku: that was my first real test as the avatar. | 那次是我成为神通以后,经历的第一次真正的挑战 |
[13:13] | unfortunately, it was many years before i learned that sozin | 不幸的是,多年之后我才了解到 |
[13:17] | had gone ahead with his plan, despite my warning. | 苏进居然无视我的警告,继续实行他的计划 |
[13:35] | i’ve seen the colony, sozin. | 苏进,你居然圈定了殖民地 |
[13:38] | how dare you occupy earth kingdom territory. | 你居然敢侵占土强国的领土 |
[13:41] | sozin: how dare you, a citizen of the fire nation, address your fire lord this way? | 你一个做臣子的,居然敢如此顶撞你的皇帝 |
[13:48] | your loyalty is to our nation first. | 效忠烈火国是你的义务和责任 |
[13:51] | anything less makes you a traitor. | 你不是想做个乱臣贼子吧 |
[13:54] | don’t do this, sozin. | 苏进,别那么做 |
[13:55] | don’t challenge me. | 不要挑战我的忍耐力 |
[13:57] | it will only end badly. | 否则休怪我翻脸无情 |
[14:00] | it’s over. | 你好自为之吧 |
[14:34] | i’m sparing you, sozin. | 苏进,看在咱们兄弟以前的情分上 |
[14:37] | i’m letting you go in the name of our past friendship | 这次我就放你一马 |
[14:41] | but i warn you, even a single step out of line will result in your permanent end. | 不过我要警告你,你若胆敢再觊觎他国的领土 我定会让你项上的人头搬家 |
[14:59] | Sozin and I didn’t speak or see each other | 那场争斗之后的25年间 |
[15:02] | for 25 years after our battle. | 我们彼此不相往来 |
[15:05] | i spent most of my spare time here at my home. | 闲暇时间我都在自己的家中度过 |
[15:29] | roku: let’s go. | 咱们快走 |
[16:05] | sozin: roku’s island was 100 miles away. | 虽然离罗库的小岛足有百里遥 |
[16:07] | but i could still feel it rumbling | 在船上的我还是感到了震动 |
[16:10] | and see the black plume of smoke. | 岛上冒着滚滚浓烟 |
[16:13] | i had never seen anything like this catastrophe. | 我从未见过像那样的灾难 |
[17:09] | aang: this is amazing, roku. | 你太棒了,罗库 |
[17:11] | you’re battling a volcano, and you’re winning. | 你居然战胜了火山 |
[17:14] | unfortunately, my success didn’t last, aang. | 不幸的是,好景不长 |
[17:18] | there was no way i could do it all. | 我根本无法与自然抗衡 |
[17:44] | ruko: battling the elements was hard enough | 要抵抗熔岩本来就并非易事 |
[17:46] | i had to do it while i could barely breathe. | 火山冒出的剧毒气体弥漫密布 |
[17:49] | the poisonous, volcanic gasses were overwhelming. | 呼吸变得越来越困难,简直就是雪上加霜 |
[17:58] | it’s all right, fang. | 我没事的,方 |
[18:01] | get out of here, i’m fine. | 快离开这儿,我很好 |
[18:26] | sozin: need a hand, old friend? | 老朋友,需要帮忙吗? |
[18:29] | sozin? | 苏进? |
[18:31] | there’s not a moment to waste. | 没工夫叙旧了 |
[19:09] | ruko: don’t breathe the toxic gas. | 小心别吸进有毒的气体 |
[19:21] | it’s… too much. | 我吸了太多的毒气了 |
[19:27] | please… | 求求你… |
[19:31] | without you, all my plans are suddenly possible. | 没有了你的阻碍,我的计划就可以顺利实施了 |
[19:35] | i have a vision for the future, roku. | 罗库,我就要开始我的雄图霸业了 |
[20:12] | aang: who’s, wait, that’s me, isn’t it? | 那是,等等,是我,对吗? |
[20:16] | ruko: make sense of our past, aang. | 安昂,仔细领悟我们的过去吧 |
[20:18] | and you will bring peace and restore balance in the world. | 今后就要靠你为世界带来和平 重新恢复世界的和谐与安宁 |
[20:24] | aang: roku? | 罗库? |
[20:25] | roku… | 罗库 |
[20:28] | sozin: with roku gone, and the great comet returning | 罗库死后,大彗星也随之出现 |
[20:32] | the timing was perfect to change the world. | 改造世界的最佳时机出现了 |
[20:35] | i knew the next avatar would be born an air nomad | 我知道下一任神通将在气和寺重生 |
[20:39] | so i wiped out the air temples. | 所以我夷平了所有的气和寺 |
[20:43] | but somehow, the new avatar eluded me. | 尽管如此,转世的神通还是躲过了我的追杀 |
[20:46] | i wasted the remainder of my life searching in vain. | 我的余生都耗费在寻找神通上 然而却是徒劳无功 |
[20:51] | i know he’s hiding out there somewhere | 我知道他一定藏在某个十分隐秘的地方 |
[20:53] | the fire nation’s greatest threat. | 他是烈火国最大的威胁 |
[20:57] | the last airbender. | 他是最后的气宗 |
[21:03] | that can’t be it, where’s the rest of it? | 怎么会就结束了,剩下的在哪? |
[21:15] | you sent this, didn’t you? | 这线索是你给我的吧? |
[21:17] | i found the secret history. | 我找到了那段“秘史” |
[21:19] | which, by the way, should be renamed “the history most people already know.” | 不过那段所谓的“秘史”,已经是尽人皆知了 |
[21:23] | the note said that i needed to know about my great-grandfather’s death | 你留言说是要我找寻 曾祖父去世的来龙去脉 |
[21:26] | but he was still alive in the end. | 然而在故事的最后他仍然还活着 |
[21:28] | no, he wasn’t. | 不,他已经死了 |
[21:30] | what are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[21:33] | iroh: you have more than one great-grandfather, prince zuko. | 祖寇殿下,你的曾祖父可不只一个 |
[21:37] | sozin was your father’s grandfather. | 苏进是你父亲的祖父 |
[21:39] | your mother’s grandfather was avatar roku. | 你母亲的祖父就是罗库神通 |
[21:45] | why are you telling me this? | 你跟我说这有啥用? |
[21:47] | because understanding the struggle between your two great-grandfathers | 因为通过了解你两个曾祖父之间的争斗 |
[21:51] | can help you better understand the battle within yourself. | 能帮助你更好的理解你心中的矛盾 |
[21:58] | evil and good are always at war inside you, zuko | 祖寇,正与邪一直都并存在你的心中 |
[22:02] | it is your nature, your legacy. | 这是你的本质,你自己不能选择 |
[22:05] | but there is a bright side. | 但是事情还有乐观的一面 |
[22:09] | what happened generations ago can be resolved now…by you. | 几世之前的恩怨如今能否被解决,完全取决于你 |
[22:15] | because of your legacy, you alone can cleanse the sins of our family | 由于你所遗传的特质,你可以除去咱们家族 |
[22:20] | and the fire nation. | 以及烈火国的所有罪孽 |
[22:23] | born in you, along with all this strife | 你与生俱来特质 |
[22:25] | is the power to restore balance to the world. | 正是让这世界恢复平衡的终极力量 |
[22:35] | this is a royal artifact. | 这是一个皇家的饰物 |
[22:39] | it’s supposed to be worn by the crown prince. | 只有皇储才能佩戴 |
[22:52] | katara: you mean, after all roku and sozin went through together | 你是说,在罗库和苏进共同经历那些事之后 |
[22:55] | even after roku showed him mercy, sozin betrayed him like that? | 苏进居然以怨报德,背叛了罗库 |
[22:59] | it’s like these people are born bad. | 看来那些人天生就是坏蛋 |
[23:02] | aang: no, that’s wrong. | 不,不是那么回事 |
[23:04] | i don’t think that was the point of what roku showed me at all. | 我想这不是罗库找我谈话的目的 |
[23:07] | then what was the point? | 那他到底想说什么 |
[23:08] | roku was just as much fire nation as sozin was, right? | 罗库和苏进一样,不也是火宗人吗? |
[23:12] | if anything, their story proves anyone’s capable of great good and great evil. | 这个故事告诉我们 每个人都可能变成极善或极恶之人 |
[23:16] | everyone, even the fire lord and the fire nation | 每个人,上至烈火王,下至黎民百姓 |
[23:19] | have to be treated like they’re worth giving a chance. | 都应该给予他们改过自新的机会 |
[23:22] | and i also think it was about friendships. | 从中我还领悟到了友谊的真谛 |
[23:24] | do you really think friendships can last more than one lifetime? | 友谊真的可以穿越轮回的界限吗? |
[23:30] | i don’t see why not. | 为什么不能呢? |
[23:31] | sokka: well, scientifically speaking, there’s no way to prove that- | 那个,从科学的角度讲,并没有证据证明…. |
[23:34] | oh, sokka, just hold hands. | 索卡,让你握手你就快握 |
[23:40] | -=To be Continued=- The English Subtitles were from the internet. Time line adjusted by BugsAndFlowers | -=未完待续=- 翻译/校译:Tucity http://blog.sina.com.cn/tucity |